- Similar to paraffin wax, microcrystalline wax is a petroleum-based wax. Ideal for a variety of applications, including as a viscosity agent cosmetics and beauty products, as a binder and as an emollient. Microcrystalline wax is often used as an alternative to paraffin wax.
- Unlike paraffin wax, microcrystalline wax has fine crystals, and is generally darker, more viscous, denser, tackier and more elastic than paraffin wax.
- Its elastic and adhesive characteristics are related to its non-straight chain components. Microcrystalline wax is generally more flexible than paraffin wax.
- Congealing point ASTM D 938 70,0-80,0 °C; Oil content ASTM D 721 0,00- 2,50%; Needle penetration 25°C ASTM D 1321, 1/10mm 25-30°C
- The product meets the requirements of the 21 Code of Federal Regulations §172.886 (FDA)
Microcrystalline Wax Beads
$11.43 – $251.92 USD
Carmel Microcrystalline Wax beads, Refined, Used in formulating cosmetics, beauty products, candles and multiple other applications.